batampos – Malaysian badminton player Low Juan Shen caused a stir in the badminton public after declaring himself food poisoning at the Indonesia Masters 2022 event, Friday (10/6). Through Instagram, Juan Shen said that he and several other Malaysian players had stomach pains which were thought to be due to food poisoning provided by the hotel they were staying at.
After the issue was widely circulated on social media, PBSI finally gave a clarification.
PBSI’s Head of Public Relations and Media Broto Happy said his party was still conducting an investigation. So far, from the existing reports, it is known that the Malaysian athletes suspected of having food poisoning were staying at a hotel in the Senayan area.
“If athletes stay at the hotel, it means that food and nutritional intake are fully supplied from the hotel,” said Broto during a press conference at Istora Senayan, Friday night.
Broto said that the incident that happened to Juan Shen and the Malaysian athlete suspected of being poisoned was not the result of the negligence of the Indonesia Masters 2022 organizing committee.
“Breakfast is usually prepared by the hotel. Then for lunch and dinner handed over to each athlete. So so far, the committee in any tournament has not handled the athletes’ food,” said Broto.
Furthermore, said Broto, PBSI itself has communicated with the two hotels. “We check and check again. We look for the facts, where the athletes eat, whether because of breakfast or what,” said Broto again.
Furthermore, said Broto, to anticipate this happening again, his party has asked the hotel to separate the breakfast menu of the athletes from other guests. “This is to prevent the unwanted from happening again,” said Broto. (*)